Welcome to my blog

Well, file those under "words I never thought I'd type." But after receiving my third cancer diagnosis (melanoma in 2004, breast in 2005 and now breast again in 2010), I've decided to add blogger to my many titles.

Many of you who knew me in 2005 followed my journey through e-mail updates, which I have posted as blog entries below in case anyone wants the entire history.

When I first found out my breast cancer had recurred, I heard some pretty scary numbers regarding survival and prognosis. But in a direct answer to the prayers of so many, God led me to a second opinion, a new and aggressive treatment plan and one of the sweetest words ever uttered by an oncologist -- "curable."

It won't be easy, but I've got a lot to live for.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taking a break from Cancerland

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were as full and blessed as ours were. We had a great time with family and friends celebrating Jesus' birth.

I saw my oncologist around the beginning of December just to check in with her after my (CLEAR!!!) scan. No real news. I will continue on the Tykerb until the end of March, which will have put me on it for a year. Then I will have a scan in June to see if NED will hang around even without the meds in my system.

When I am in the midst of treatments, scans and doctor's appointments, I often say I am stuck in "Cancerland." It's not a very fun place. So I am happy to take a break for now, until June at least. Ready to be just plain, old Michelle for a while instead of that chick who has breast cancer again!

Hugs and love to all.

Special prayers for Bill, still stuck in Cancerland. Thinking of you always, my friend.

No comments: