Welcome to my blog

Well, file those under "words I never thought I'd type." But after receiving my third cancer diagnosis (melanoma in 2004, breast in 2005 and now breast again in 2010), I've decided to add blogger to my many titles.

Many of you who knew me in 2005 followed my journey through e-mail updates, which I have posted as blog entries below in case anyone wants the entire history.

When I first found out my breast cancer had recurred, I heard some pretty scary numbers regarding survival and prognosis. But in a direct answer to the prayers of so many, God led me to a second opinion, a new and aggressive treatment plan and one of the sweetest words ever uttered by an oncologist -- "curable."

It won't be easy, but I've got a lot to live for.


Sunday, December 29, 2013

Better late than never

Hi everyone!

First of all, let me apologize for letting so much time lapse between blog updates.

I had my second treatment on Dec. 6 and the aftermath was nowhere near as bad as the first time, thank goodness. I made a conscious decision to not give in so much to the fatigue, a little mind-over-matter if you will. But I imagine it was mostly due to you and all your prayers! THANK YOU!

Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel great, but I was able to function much better during the day and just crash early every night. I even played two tennis matches within a week of treatment, something I couldn't even come close to doing the first time!

Next up was a repeat heart scan to see if my heart function was doing ok. It has dropped a bit, but not enough to consider discontinuing treatment at this point. I will go to see a cardiologist next week for continued monitoring, but I was very relieved to be able to receive my third treatment this past Friday. I really wanted to get to No. 3 because of our plan to do a scan after three treatments to see if we are making any progress against the beast.

I will have my scan on Friday, Jan. 10, so please pray as hard as you can for a good, positive result and some sign that the meds are working!

As always, thank you for all your support and prayers. We couldn't do this without you.

Love,
M






No comments: