Welcome to my blog

Well, file those under "words I never thought I'd type." But after receiving my third cancer diagnosis (melanoma in 2004, breast in 2005 and now breast again in 2010), I've decided to add blogger to my many titles.

Many of you who knew me in 2005 followed my journey through e-mail updates, which I have posted as blog entries below in case anyone wants the entire history.

When I first found out my breast cancer had recurred, I heard some pretty scary numbers regarding survival and prognosis. But in a direct answer to the prayers of so many, God led me to a second opinion, a new and aggressive treatment plan and one of the sweetest words ever uttered by an oncologist -- "curable."

It won't be easy, but I've got a lot to live for.


Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Long time, no blog

Whew! First of all, let me apologize for taking so long to update you all on my progress. I have been so busy with work and mom duties, this spring and summer have really gotten away from me.

Well, let's just get right to it: I am once again happy to be keeping company with NED. That's right; my latest scan (June 20) showed No Evidence of Disease!

I finished chemo in February and was supposed to continue on two other drugs for up to a year, but unfortunately the dreaded cardiac toxicity side effect got me again, so I had to stop those. So as of now, I am not taking any meds, just enjoying life.

I had some bloodwork drawn last week to start keeping track of something called tumor markers. As long as those remain in the normal range and I don't have any suspicious symptoms when I am tested again in three months, I will be off the hook for another three months. Then I think we will consider doing another scan.

Thanks to everyone for all the continued prayers and support. A friend asked me recently if I ever get tired of kicking cancer's ass. And the answer, of course, is a resounding yes! But I am blessed to have the love and support of so many; I could not do it without you.


2 comments:

Khg said...

happy faces here after reading this wonderful news

Jen Style said...

Sooooooooo Happy!!! Praise the Lord!!